Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for the Garden to Table Root to Tip Cooking Competition (the Competition). Instructions on how to enter, what the Competition will involve and information on prizes can be found on the Competition Website (www.roottotip.co.nz) and form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Competition consists of 12 Regional Heats around New Zealand with the winning Team from each Regional Heat then attending the National Finals in Wellington.
2. The Promoters of the Competition are Garden to Table Trust, 31-33 Ruskin St Parnell, and RaboBank New Zealand Limited, Level 23, 157 Lambton Quay Wellington 6011.
3. Entry is open to all New Zealand primary school students in years 5 and 6 except for children of Garden to Table staff and Rabobank staff who are ineligible to enter.
4. Each entry must be made by a team of 2 students (a Team) with the consent of their parent or legal guardian, and an adult nominated in the entry (the Team Manager).
5. By entering the Competition, each Team and their Team Manager will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
6. All entries must be uploaded to the Competition Website by 5pm on Monday 1 July 2019.
7. Entries must include all required information to be valid. The information required for an entry is set out in the entry form on the Competition Website.
8. All entries and recipes become the property of the Promoters and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes, or passed onto a third party involved in the Competition for their marketing purposes. Credit will be given to the children who invented recipes where possible.
9. By entering this Competition, all Teams agree (a) to their names being published; (b) to be photographed, filmed and/or interviewed by media, RaboDirect or Garden to Table Trust; and (c) that the media, RaboDirect or Garden to Table Trust may use their names and such photographs, videos and/or interviews for publicity purposes
10. The Team Manager will be the contact point for each Team, and is responsible for responding to any requests for information required by the Promoters.
11. If a Team is selected as a winner to compete in a Regional Heat or the National Final, the Team must be accompanied by their Team Manager. While the Promoters will take all care to provide a safe environment for the Regional Heats and the National Final, the health and safety of a Team is the responsibility of their Team Manager.
12. If the Team Manager needs to be changed it is the responsibility of the Team Manager to inform Garden to Table by phone or email as soon as possible. If the change is before a Regional Heat, it must be made at least 2 days prior the Heat to allow for Garden to Table to give a health and safety briefing to the new Team Manager who will be attending the Regional Heat.
Regional Heats and National Final
13. The Promoters will notify the Team Manager of the Teams who are selected to attend the Regional Heats.
14. Garden to Table will provide all Teams that are selected to compete in a Regional Heat with Regional Heat Guidelines for their relevant region which they and their Team Manager must follow.
15. Garden to Table will provide all Teams that win their Regional Heat and are selected to compete in the National Final with National Final Guidelines which they and their Team Manager must follow.
16. All Teams and their Team Managers must listen to and abide by the instructions and advice of Garden To Table Trust staff, judges and venue manager at all times throughout the Competition.
17. It is the responsibility of all Teams and their Team Manager to check and confirm dates, times and locations for Regional Heats which vary from region to region and to make sure they arrive on time. If a Team arrives at the venue after the health and safety briefing takes place they may not be permitted to compete.
18. The decisions of judges to select the Teams to participate in the Regional Heats, and at the Regional Heats and National Final in relation to any aspect of the Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to determine an alternate winner if (a) the Promoters determine in their sole discretion that a winner has not complied with these Terms and Conditions of entry (including the full completion of the entry form) or (b) where the Promoters have reasonable grounds to believe the winner will not comply with these Terms and Conditions of entry.
Accommodation and Travel
22. Teams selected to compete in the Regional Heats are responsible for their own travel to and from the Regional Heat, and any accommodation (if required).
23. For Teams who win the Regional Heat in Whangarei, Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Christchurch, Dunedin, and Invercargill - Air NZ return flights to Wellington for the National Final for 1 adult and 2 children (including 1 bag only) have been purchased, courtesy of Rabobank. All Flights have been booked to fly to Wellington on Thursday 2 August and return on Saturday 4 August. If your Team needs to change the flight times or bring additional luggage the cost of this will need to be met by your Team.
24. For Teams who win the Regional Heat in Hawkes Bay, Taranaki, Manawatu and Nelson/Marlborough petrol vouchers will be provided so the Teams can drive to Wellington for the National Final. For Nelson/Marlborough the cost of the Interislander Ferry will be covered for 1 vehicle.
25. Accommodation costs in Wellington for the National Final must be met by each Team.
26. Garden to Table will attempt to secure accommodation discounts and communicate these deals to all participants. Should a Team be in a position of material hardship or for some reason is unable to fundraise within their school community to meet accommodation costs, they may approach Garden to Table for assistance and this will be assessed on a case by case basis.
27. The prizes for the Competition are listed on the Competition Website.
28. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
29. In the event that any prize or part thereof becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute that prize for another prize.
Privacy and Miscellaneous Conditions
31. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters and their related companies, directors, employees and advisors shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury (including but not limited to consequential and indirect loss) suffered or incurred by any person in connection with this promotion, the Competition or the claiming/winning or use of any Prize.
32. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, the Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
33. The Promoters reserve the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such revision will be binding and effective immediately upon posting of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Competition Website. Each Team is responsible for ensuring their familiarity with the Terms and Conditions for this Competition at the time of participation.